Most people have experienced lifestyle changes as a result of Covid-19 and social distancing guidelines. These changes have led to a shift in must-haves for some local homebuyers.
Giselle Feiger and Aileen Stapleton, real estate brokers at Hodge & Kittrell Sotheby’s International Realty, have seen a recent spike in buyers’ requests to view homes with the following features:
1. Homes with great interior lighting and plenty of windows
2. Homes with a designated office space
3. Multigenerational homes
4. Homes with access to high-speed internet
5. Homes with a designated space for projects and hobbies
6. Homes with large pantries for food storage
7. Homes on large lots in more rural locations
8. Homes with a private pool
9. Homes with a private gym
10. Homes with an entertainment room
Many homebuyers are focused on finding a home that provides comfort and a high quality of life. As many people begin to work remotely, it’s especially important to find a home that includes designated spaces for work, family time and home projects.
If you are currently on the market for a new home, be sure to make a list of must-haves to review as you browse new listings and go to showings. You may be surprised how your own needs have changed in just a few weeks.